I take it none of my transatlantic friends need translating of british grammar school = US selective public school, whereas US Grammar School = UK primary school? Ok then.
Jeremy Graham-Cumming. A fine upstanding gentleman to this day, we can leave years between conversations then pick up like nothing happened
2. What sports did you play?
The great avoiding sports game (Drama was a sports option! Weight Trainign was a skive too). They tried to get me to play rugby (I’m not suicidial, thanks), but I was reasonably good as a hockey defender.
Note: not Ice Hockey.
3. What kind of car did you drive?
4. It’s Friday night, where were you at?
Home, probably. *sigh*
5. Were you a party animal?
Er, no. I went to a few, but was the dismal guy talking philosophy at them.
6. Were you considered a flirt?
You see, I thought I was just talking, but apparently…
7. Ever skip school?
Not that I remember, no.
8. Were you a nerd?
wasn’t much to choose in a grammar, but I guess so, yes.
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled?
10. Can you sing the Alma mater?
I think I may have invented one that we were banned from singing….
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Chris Barlowe, Freudian, genius, English teacher.
12. Favorite class?
English, see above, though I think I enjoyed most subjects apart from Latin & Art, due to being cripplingly bad at them. No talent for biology either.
13. What was your school’s full name?
Colchester Royal Grammar School
14. School mascot?
Young man, we were founded by Edward VI, we don’t have a mascot!
15. Did you go to Prom?
To a near English equivalent…no. I found out that morning that a girl who was, in my mind, out of my league, would have gone with me if I’d asked.
16. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
Dear god no.
17. What do you remember most about graduation?
We didn’t do the graduation thing at our school, which I think is a shame.
18. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
I’m reaching here, but I can’t think of one. Which probably means I was drunk.
Oh yeah, I remember. The time my first girlfriend dumped me for the first time. she was expecting the devestation, but I was all “meh”.
Then I found out who she ws dumping me for, and that upset me.
But the dumping was cool.
19. What were you voted in your yearbook?
Yearbooks, young man? etc etc
20. Did you have a job your senior year?
Sainsbury’s got the job to fund treats for 2nd GF, who then dumped me during the first meal I paid for.
22. Where did you go most often for lunch?
6th form common room
23. Have you gained weight since then?
What do you think, I was 20 stone when I was 18?
24. What did you do after graduation?
go to university… or do you mean right after?
25. Who was your crush?
Many and varied, my friend, and I ain’t naming them to protect the stupid (me).
26. When did you graduate?